Back to main Support page
Windows XP Setup Instructions
Follow the procedure below to setup a new dial-up connection on your Windows XP machine.
- Double click on "My Computer".
- Click on "Control Panel".
- Click on "Network and Internet Connections".
- Click on "Set up or change your Internet Connection".
- On the window that appears, click on "Setup".
- Follow the directions that appear on the Internet Setup Wizard by clicking on "Next".
- Select "Connect to the Internet," and click on "Next".
- Select "Set up my internet connection manually," and click on "Next".
- Select "Connect using a dial up modem," and click on "Next".
- In the space labeled "Type a name for the computer you are dialing," type OpenCom. Then click on the "Next" button.
- In the space for the phone number enter, 956-3875(Ames area) or 433-9433(Boone area). Then click on the "Next" button.
- In the appropriate fields enter in your username and password provided to you by OpenCom and click on "Next".
- Review your connection properties and click "Finish".
Connection to OpenCom
- Now that you have succesfully set up your dial-up connection, simply open any web browser or other internet based application (such as Outlook Express), and A connection box will appear and ask for your "Username" and "Password", input the username and password you set up with us, if not already there, and then Left-click on "Connect"